**All conditions and functionality of the donated item is detailed in each listing to the best of our knowledge.**
**We are not an authorized dealer of any items sold through this site, manufacturer warranty may be void even if the item is considered new.**
**Please read the description and view the photos before purchase.**
**If you have any questions about any product you see online, please do not hesitate to ask the seller.**
**Any activity we find to violate Shopthesalvationarmy.com policy can result in a range of actions including: administratively ending or canceling bids, removing feedback rating, buying restrictions, and account suspension.**
Shopthesalvationarmy.com Buyer Questions & Answers
- How do I register?
- How do I recover a lost or forgotten password?
- How do I change my existing password?
- How do I link/unlink my Facebook Login?
- Why do I get a warning message that my selected username is invalid?
- Why does it say that my email address is already in use?
- Why am I not receiving any emails?
- Why isn't the captcha code working?
- How do I change the email address tied to my account?
- How do I contact the seller?
- How do I leave a feedback on my recent order?
- How do I participate in an auction?
- How do I cancel my order?
- How do I cancel my bid?
- How will I know if I've won an item?
- How do I Pay for my winning item?
- What payment options are accepted?
- Can I pay with my credit card?
- I've won an auction, how long do I have to pay for my item?
- Where can orders be shipped?
- Can orders be combined to save on shipping costs?
- Shipping and Handling charge
- When will my order be shipped/processed?
- How will I know if my order is shipped?
- Can I pick up my order instead of having to pay for shipping?
Q. How do I register?
A. Please click here to register on our site.
A. You may also create a quick sign in by connecting your Facebook page. You'll be prompted to enter in the additional required information but will be able to log in via Facebook in the future.
Q. How do I recover a lost or forgotten password?
A. Send yourself a password reset via email.
- From the sign in page select the Forgot password? link or click here.
- Enter your email address associated with your account and click the [Submit] button.
- Check your email inbox. If the email does not arrive in your inbox be sure to check your junk mail folder or spam filter.
- Click the reset link in that email.
- Choose a new password.
A. Alternatively, please contact us to reset your password.
Q. How do I change my password?
A. You can change your password at any time once logged in.
- While logged in to your account, go to your MyAccount area.
- From the left hand menu, select "Password" or click here
- Enter your current password.
- Choose your new password.
- Save your changes by clicking the [Change Password] button.
Q. How do I link/unlink my Facebook Login?
A. You can connect or disconnect your Facebook login information on the Password page:
Q. Why do I get a warning message that my selected username is invalid?
A. Every user must select a username for their account. The username can only contain letters, numbers, underscores, and hyphens. We recommend replacing all [spaces] with either an underscore or hyphen.
- Incorrect: MY Username
- Correct: MY-Username
- Correct: MY_Username
Or, it says that the username selected is already in use.
- Usernames are unique. Two users cannot share the same username. If you get a notice during registration that your username is already in use, you will need to select a different username.
Q. Why does it say that my email address is already in use?
A. If you get an error indicating that your email address is already in use, it means that you've already created an account with us at some point. If you do not remember your login information, please enter your email address into the forgotten password form and you will be able to reset your password and log in to your account.
Alternatively, please contact us to reset your password.
Q. Why am I not receiving any emails?
- The sender will be from firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You should receive email notifications for the following subjects:
- Asking Listing Questions
- Outbid Confirmation
- Purchase Confirmation
- Reset Password
- Feedback Received
- Offers and Counter Offers
- Message Received
- Shipping notifications will be sent from email@example.com.
A. If you are not receiving expected site emails, please check the following:
- Check your junk mail folder or spam filter for the missing emails.
- Make sure that your email address, in your account settings, is entered correctly.
- Verify that your email client, such as Outlook, is not in “offline” mode.
- If you use a POP3 connection to retrieve your email, please verify that the emails were not downloaded to a different computer.
If you are still not receiving our emails, please contact us.
Q. Why isn't the captcha code working?
A. There may be additional updates or cookies/cache to clear in order to view the correct captcha code in your browser
- If you are running Google Chrome, you may need to update the browser:
- At the top right, click "⋮"
- Navigate to "Help" > About google chrome
- Chrome will check for updates and will install updates if there are any available.
- If this still does not work, you may need to clear your browser cache and cookies.
- If you are running Mozilla Firefox:
- Make sure to disable any tracking protection in your options settings.
- To clear cache: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-clear-firefox-cache
Q. How do I change the email address tied to my account?
A. You can change your email address by editing your account details within your “MyAccount” area.
Q. How do I leave a feedback for my recent order?
A. We love hearing about your experience while shopping with us! If you did not receive (or have misplaced) the email with the link to leave a feedback, you can access your Won Items, and leave the seller a feedback rating!
- Click on the option icon (right of the order line), and select "Submit Feedback" for the seller.
Bidding and Payment
Q: How do I participate in an auction?
A: First, you must be Register. After you've confirmed your account (which only takes a minute), you may start placing bids on our listings.
Q: Can I ask a question about an item?
A: Each listing has an option for you to write a public question on an item at the bottom of the listing page.
Q: How do I contact the Seller?
A: You can contact the seller about an active listing by clicking into the item detail and clicking the "Contact Seller" link in the middle of the page.
A: You can also contact the seller about an item you've won through your Winnings Page.
Q: How do I cancel my order?
A: Contact the seller through your order history on your Winnings Page. Locate the order and click the option button to contact the seller (gear icon to the right)
Q: How do I cancel my bid?
A: Send a message to the seller through My Bids page to request a bid cancellation.
Q: How will I know if I've won an item?
A: You will receive email notifications for all winning items, and it will also be listed in the Won tab of your accounts page.
Q: How do I Pay for my winning Item?
A: You may also access the Invoice tab to see all of your open orders, awaiting payment.
Q: What payment options do you accept?
A: We currently accept payments through PayPal or Credit Cards processed by Stripe.
Q: Can I pay with my credit card?
A: You may choose the "Checkout with Credit Card" option, which will processed your payment via Stripe.
- PayPal does provide an option for non registered users to complete the payment online without logging in.
- Proceed to checkout by clicking the "Pay with Debit or Credit Card" button.
Q: I've won an auction, how long do I have to pay for my item?
A: Please complete your payment within 5 days of the auction's end.
- If you require additional time to complete your payment, please contact the seller for an extension as soon as possible.
- We will send out reminder messages to your account before the order is cancelled, and if a response or payment is not received before our final message, the order will be cancelled.
**Activity that doesn't follow Shopthesalvationarmy.com policy could result in a range of actions including: administratively ending or canceling bids, removing feedback rating, buying restrictions, and account suspension.**
Q: Where can items be shipped?
A: Orders can only be shipped within the United States. (If you have an APO/FPO/DPO address, please CONTACT the seller - click the options (or gear) icon to the right of the order and select "Contact")
- Unfortunately, we DO NOT ship internationally.
Q: Can orders be combined to save on shipping costs?
A: All orders won from the same seller can be combined if won within 2 business days of each other.
- In some cases the seller may extend the length of time between multiple listings, so please contact the seller about combining the orders you intend to purchase.
- An updated invoice will be provided for you with any adjustments to the shipping cost.
Q: Shipping and Handling charge
A: We do our best to keep shipping costs low to you, but we may charge up to $1.95 for handling (to cover costs of packing material).
- Other than flat rate shipping, calculated costs will be based on the product's shipping weight, dimensions, and distance from our location to you.
- Many of our listings offer more than one shipping service, so please click on the listing for more details.
- If you have any other questions about the shipping, please contact the seller.
Q: When will my order be shipped/processed?
A: All orders are processed within 1-2 business days. We maintain business hours Monday through Friday and will do our best to ship out your order on day of your completed transaction.
- If an item is won on the weekend, the order will be processed the following business day.
- Orders cannot be shipped out on a Weekend.
- Orders cannot be shipped on Observed Holidays by the carrier.
Q: How will I know if my order is shipped?
A: Once we process your order for shipment, you will receive an email notifying you of the status with a tracking number. (Please be aware that the carrier site may take 24-48 hours to update the status of your shipment.
- The sender will be from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please make sure to allow all incoming emails from this address for proper communication, along with email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, admin@tsastoreorg.
- Add all of our system emails to your "safe" senders
- If you do not see any progress with your shipment after 2 business days of receiving your tracking number, please contact us.
Q: Can I pick up my order instead of having to pay for shipping?
A: Yes, the majority of items we sell online will be available for pickup, but payments must be processed online prior to arranging pickup. Please contact the seller for additional information. If the listing does not have the option for local pickup, the shipping charges will be refunded back to you once pickup has been arranged.
Q: What is the ShopTheSalvationArmy return policy?
A: Returns will be accepted within 14 days of delivery date in the same condition sold.
- A 10% restocking fee (shipping fees are not reimbursed) will apply.
- Please return your order with all originally shipped items and a properly sized box with packaging for safe shipping.
- Any returned item not in the same condition may not be refunded in full based on the severity of defect.
If your item was DAMAGED or NOT AS DESCRIBED, the restocking fee will not apply and a proper remedy for your purchase will be provided.
- If you have an issue with your order: Submit a Ticket
- Or Contact the Seller through you winning history (Option button to the right of the line order)
Q: What if I want to return an item outside of the 14 day policy?
A: Unfortunately, if the item you are requesting to return falls outside of the 14 days, we cannot accept it for a refund.
Q: Do purchases come with any warranty?
A: Unfortunately, since we are not the manufacturer and all items are donated, we cannot guarantee any of the manufacturers' warranties will apply (even if we sell them as NEW items). Please assume that any item purchased through our site is not covered under warranty.
Vehicle Purchases and Refunds
Vehicles listed are sold AS IS and WHERE IS. We encourage you to go to the seller location and inspect the vehicle yourself or arrange for a qualified mechanic to go over it for you.
We will not offer any Refunds or Warranty expressed or implied. (Please contact the seller for additional information) We have revealed all details to the best of our knowledge. We are not responsible for any defects not mentioned by our staff or in our advertising. Any and all repairs and hidden problems that occurred previously or later, insurance, taxes, registration, smog requirements, issues at your state’s DMV and shipping are also the responsibility of the buyer.
We DO NOT offer any form of shipping service for vehicles. You are responsible to take the vehicle off of our lot and arrange delivery to your destination.
These are not brand new turn-key vehicle so don’t expect them to be perfect.
REFUNDS: A full refund will only be available at the time of inspection on our location site. Once it leaves our lot, we are not responsible for any defects not mentioned by our staff or in our advertising. Any and all repairs and hidden problems that occurred previously or later, insurance, taxes, registration, smog requirements, issues at your state’s DMV and shipping are also the responsibility of the buyer.
Customer Use Policy
Any activity we find to violate Shopthesalvationarmy.com policy can result in a range of actions including: administratively ending or canceling bids, removing feedback rating, buying restrictions, and account suspension or deactivation.
When you bid on or buy an item, you're agreeing to the rules we've put in place. Your bid is a contract between you and the listing creator. If you have the highest bid you will enter into a legally binding purchase contract.
Customer use and communication Policy:
To keep shopthesalvationarmy.com a safe and fun experience for all of our users, we will not allow the following:
- Threats or communication of hate or profanity.
- Auction manipulation (or attempts).
- Malicious code or software through our messaging service.
We do not share personal information to other buyers and keep your personal information private for system communication and order references only.
We understand that you may accidentally bid on an item that was not intended.
Please make sure to read through the listings carefully, and ask questions to the seller prior to placing a bid.
Repeated bid retractions are monitored for abuse and will be penalized if we find that you are abusing the site.
When it's NOT OK to retract a bid:
- You want to find out how high another buyer bid on an item.
- You only wanted one item but placed bids on multiple items. You should only bid on multiple items if you intend to buy all of them.
Unpaid Item Policy:
Customers must pay for the item(s) they win or buy on our site within 5 days.
If for any reason you are not able to make the payment within 5 days, but require additional time, please contact the seller and inform them of the delayed payment.
- The Seller has the right to cancel/Void any order that goes unpaid after 5 days from winning.
- The Seller will attempt to contact you and remind you of any unpaid orders through our site.
Repeated Unpaid orders will result in suspension or deactivation of your account.
Any item returned, must be done within 14 days of delivery date. Anything returned outside of the 14 days may not be refunded in full.
Please contact the seller or submit a ticket for any return requests.